Sunday, April 15, 2012

Writers on the storm

I have been writing since 9:30 and I am proud to say I am on chapter six with much more excitement to come in my novel. I feel very proud that I could continue a story for this long. Maybe because I am in love with the whole idea of the book. When I finish it the real work begins because I have to find an agent, which I have no idea how to do. Self publishing is too expensive for me I want the book published by a publishing house I want to go on book tours I want it all. Which means the fashionista has to come out of me and the frump wears gotta go. Speaking of which tomorrow I will bring out a little fashionista in me because I have a friend coming over tomorrow and I don't want to look like i just rolled out of bed. That means shower hair style and make-up and an outfit i haven't thought about yet.

I really wish I could go get my eyebrows waxed and my hair touched up, my blue is growing out along with my hair which we have already established that it looks like crap. But I don't want to cut it, I want it long again. As does Mike. I am up so late because i took a nice afternoon nap. I was frustrated because I couldn't write anything this afternoon and it was the perfect time to do so because Mike always takes the baby out to play for the afternoon, it's there special bonding time.

So am I am afraid I have to take the reins on this poverty deal I got going on here. To be positive I have a roof over my head, I am not living with my parents, I have a dishwasher (huge huge upgrade for me) and I have a beautiful son who fills my life with joy every second of my day. (OK maybe not every second changing diapers isn't that joyous) I wont be shopping for candles or cute underwear but here is where i draw the line. I must get my eyebrows waxed and I will get my hair touched up. This is non-negotiable. It only costs $15 to get it done and I cant give it up, i just cant. Maybe I am selfish but i don't care. It's my treat for me. The alternative is plucking my eyebrows and dying my hair back to brown. I don't want that i want my streak of crazy colors, i feel now that it defines me; sets me out in a crowd and I wont give it up. It is also a big part of becoming the fashionista I want to be eventually.

Am I being selfish? You tell me- leave me a comment on what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment